- To extend the agricultural English vocabulary of researchers.
- To develop reading, listening and writing skills.
- To increase understanding and proper use of grammar for scientific writing.
- To create a community of geographically dispersed learners and to facilitate communication and interaction in a structured learning environment.
We hope this course will make a meaningful contribution to the English and technical studies of agricultural scientists and that it will help to bridge the communication gap between native and non-native users of agricultural English in their attempts to work together to develop sustainable agricultural production systems.
- Ampliar el vocabulario agrícola Inglés de los investigadores.
- Desarrollar la lectura, audición y habilidades de escritura.
- Aumentar la comprensión y el uso adecuado de la escritura científica.
Each lesson consists of an Introduction, Vocabulary
section, Reading (including audio and video clips), Grammar section,
Discussion, and an Assignment. The Reading and Grammar sections also include practice exercises. The lessons get more complex as you progress through the course. It is suggested that you proceed through the course starting with lesson 1.
**My acknowledgement to PHIL GIBSON who put together the written part of the course of which I adapted for this blog.